I hope all of you had a terrific week! We had a great week! The students really worked hard to show kindness to each other, and I greatly appreciated their efforts.
Thank you to all who contributed to the spa basket, and to Janeen Fishgrab for putting it all together. If you have not gotten auction tickets yet, they are available in the office. Please join us on March 6. Great food, great fun, cool items to bid on, all for the great cause of raising money for Chromebooks for our school. I hope to see you there.
Here are the important things to remember for this week:
- The memory work for this week is The Introduction to the Lord’s Prayer, found on page 256 in the Religion book.
- The Spelling test this week will be over Unit 24.
- There will be a Language Arts test, and an Intermediate 5 Math test on Friday.
- There will be a Social Studies test over chapter 10 on Monday, March 2.
- ITBS testing week is coming up beginning March 23. Please try to avoid scheduling appointments for your children during the morning hours during that week.
- There is no school on March 9 because of the Nurturing the Faith workshop that the teachers are attending.
- We would love to be able to give the God Cares About You mission some gently used shoes as well as the money we have been collecting in chapel offering. If you have gently used children’s shoes or gently used women’s shoes sizes 6 1/2 to 8, please bring them to the 5th grade classroom.
- Third quarter ends March 6, and report cards will be sent home March 13.
All parts for the Spring Musical have been chosen. The Spring Musical is April 24 at 6:30 p.m. This is a required school activity, and the 5th grade is showcased in the production. It’s going to be an awesome show! I will be sending a note home in the near future with costume needs. I wish we had an unlimited budget, but because we don’t, I will have to ask for your help in providing some or all of your child’s costume. Of course, you are then allowed to keep anything you purchase.